Here’s our recipe for Mulled Cider Cooked on The Woodee Fire Pit.
Cooks in 15 min ∙ Makes approx 15 servings
What you’ll need:
- 2 litres good-quality traditional cider (we used Gasping Goose from Newton Court Cider)
- 6-8 cloves
- 3-4 star anise
- ¼ nutmeg, finely grated into the pan
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla pod, halved
- 1 orange, cut into ¼’s
- 2 clementines, cut in ½
- 4–5 tablespoons caster sugar
- Pour the cider into a large pan and put onto the grill on your Woodee fire pit. Let it warm through for a few minutes.
- Add all the spices and fruit and turn the heat up.
- Once boiling, turn down to a simmer and leave to tick away for a minimum of 10 minutes. It can be left much longer gently simmering on your Woodee.
- As everything infuses you’ll get delicious layers of flavour.
- Taste it and add sugar as you like. You don’t want it sweet; you just want the sugar to join the spices in a harmonious taste.
- When you’re happy with the flavours, ladle into glasses or mugs and serve warm.
Add another log to the fire pit, kick back and enjoy!