From our Live Halloween Cookout!
Recipe for The Woodee Sausage & Potato Hash
- 2 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 3 large potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 lb Sausages (we used Hay Charcuterie sausages), cut into pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finally chopped
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- Baby spinach leaves
- Fresh eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the oil to the Woodee cooking tray and heat over medium heat.
- Add the cubed potatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, until they're about half way cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Add the onion and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sausage, peppers, garlic and chilli flakes to the potatoes and onions and stir.
- Reduce the heat, (pulling some of the embers to the side of the fire pit) and continue cooking until potatoes are cooked through, up to 20 minutes. You can cover the tray with a tent of foil; this will help to cook the potatoes a little faster.
- Add the spinach leaves and allow to wilt for a minute and then crack some fresh eggs onto the hash.
- Cover again with the foil tent for a further 2 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked.
- Add some seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper and finish with some chopped parsley.
Use waxy potatoes, the potatoes could be par boiled first.
Make sure you follow us on Facebook so you don’t miss any of our Live Cookouts, held once a month on a Wednesday.