If you want to try something simple and delicious on your firepit, these Falafel burgers are perfect.
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and dried
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Handful of parsley or coriander
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp Harissa paste or chilli powder
- 2 tbsp wholemeal four
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Sun Dried tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Brioche buns or pitta bread to serve
- Drain the chickpeas and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Tip into a food processor along with the roughly chopped onion, carrot, garlic clove, parsley, spices, ground cumin, Harissa paste, wholemeal flour, 1 tbsp oil and a little salt and pepper.
- Blend until fairly smooth, and then shape into four patties with your hands. Leave them for a couple of hours before cooking to allow the flavours to marry together.
- Place the cooking tray onto the fire pit, and allow to heat up. Add some oil and when hot place the burgers on the tray, cook for 3-4 minutes before turning over for a further 3-4 minutes. They should be golden brown on each side.
- While the burgers are cooking you can toast the buns or heat the pitta bread on the side of the tray.
- To serve stack up the burgers with the shredded lettuce, falafel burger, sun dried tomatoes and your favorite mayonnaise. Enjoy!